What are Medicinal Mushrooms?
Mushrooms have been widely recognized as a superfood for centuries by many cultures. They were once called the "Poor man's meat" where peasants survived starvation by eating wild mushrooms when meat sources were scarce.
Not only are mushrooms pivotal for human health, they are also valuable for strengthening your pet's immune system, digestive health, joint health, respiratory health, system detoxification process and promotes normal cell growth.
Health Benefits of Mushrooms For Your Pets
If your pet is struggling with health issues from a frequent upset stomach to diabetes, to being overweight - this is the perfect solution for you. There are endless reasons why we love these little fungi, but here are just a few:
- It helps support liver and kidney function,
- Improves nutrition in weak and deficient animals,
- Improves geriatric conditions (blood sugar and metabolism),
- Lowers cholesterol and helps support weight loss,
- Prevents viral infections,
- Helps dogs through trauma and recovery from injuries,
- Contains many antioxidants.
Just like humans, your pet's gastrointestinal tract is his/her largest immune barrier. In order to fully support your pet's immune system, the first thing that must be done is to support his/her digestion and gut health too.
Mushrooms and their mycelium’s complex nutritional matrix of nutrients, dietary fiber, and fungal enzymes have been shown to support healthy digestion and gastrointestinal tract function. The important enzymes produced by mushrooms include:
- Protease - helps digest proteins and, through its actions, helps cleanse your pet's blood stream of excess undigested protein
- Lipase - helps digest fat
- Amylase - helps break down starch into sugar and supplies your pet's body with energy
- Cellulase - helps break down fiber, which in turn promotes bowel health and regularity
These digestive enzymes that are part of the mushroom itself can potentially help improve the digestibility and utilization of carbohydrates and proteins in your pet's body while capable of surviving the stomach's harsh, acidic conditions.
9 Species of Mushrooms that are Great:
The following species of mushrooms have been found to be excellent for human and pet consumption. They have also been found to be effective in fighting against various forms of cancer.
These powerful little fungi are amazing superfoods that contains trace minerals we need to build powerful, healthy immune systems. Or perhaps it’s because of their wealth of polysaccarides, interesting complex sugars that appear to be all round health-promoters. Mushrooms are an excellent sources of protein and B vitamins with few calories and no sodium. There are anti-cancer, anti-tumor, and anti-bacterial compounds found in the stalk, caps, gills, and even the underground structures (mycelia) of every edible mushroom.
So what are you waiting for? Set your pet on the path to optimum health today. Come visit us in store to find out which mushroom formula is suitable for your pet, and as always - we're here to answer any of your questions.